Movie On The Water: Lake Placid
- Duration: 3 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Henderson, NV
About the movie experience
- The movie will begin around 8 PM and play for approx. 1.5 hours.
- Life jackets will be available and required for all kids under 18. There is no charge for this.
- You may enter the water when the staff is comfortable with people being on the water
- The screen size is 20-30 feet big, depending on winds.
- Check-in for the movie will start at 6:30 PM.
- Food and drinks will be available for purchase
- Location of the event is 75 Montelago Blvd, Henderson NV 89011
When you arrive
- Upon arriving to beautiful Reflection Bay, you will be excited to realize there are no parking fees. That's right, $0 to park at Lake Las Vegas.
- When deciding where to park, we suggest using the Reflection Bay Parking lot and then if that fills up drive down to the Westin next door.
- After parking, you can walk around Reflection Bay Club House and the check-in desk will be on the backside.
- Now that you are ready to start your adventure, we suggest completing the liability waiver before coming into the office. This will save you 10-15 minutes of wait time.
- Click HERE for your digital waiver (Don't do this until the day of your reservation)
- When you are finished with your waiver, you will receive your wristband which will give you access to the lake. No person is allowed on the lake without a proper wristband.
- Don't forget to grab any extra's from our shop that you may have forgotten. This may include sunscreen, hats, waterproof phone cases, apparel, and towels.
- Now you are ready to hit the water! Head towards the beach to get your tube.
- You will be greeted by one of the many staff at Lake Las Vegas Water Sports. Once greeted, please inform them of your activity and they will direct you to the right place of your upcoming activity.
When on the water (Safety)
- While on the water, we want you to feel safe. If you attend the movie there will be lifeguards around the water for your safety. If you need absolutely anything, please do not hesitate to ask. They are there for you! If you happen to need water, rescue, or just advice on where to go, feel free to wave them down and they will happily assist you.
About Lake Las Vegas
The area includes three resorts: the MonteLago Village Resort, the Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort, and the Hilton Lake Las Vegas.
The dam that creates the lake is an earthen structure 18 stories high, 4,800 ft (1,500 m) in length and 716 ft (218 m) wide at its base. It contains roughly the same amount of dirt as Hoover Dam does concrete and was completed in 1991. The Las Vegas Wash passes under the lake and dam in pipes that require maintenance every 10 years.